Please Note: This event has expired.
Bay County Veterans Day Parade
On Friday, November 10, 2017, the Bay County Board of County Commissioners, with assistance from the Bay County Veterans Council, will host Bay County’s annual Veterans Day Parade in Panama City.
The parade, a tribute to Military Veterans, will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Harrison Avenue and East 13th Street. It will then proceed south on Harrison Avenue to the downtown marina, followed by a short ceremony in front of City Hall.
Bill Gobat, Lt. Colonel, USMC, (Ret) will serve as the Master of Ceremonies. The Guest Speaker will be Colonel Michael A. Valle, Commander, 101st Air and Space Operations Group, TAFB. The ceremony will also include a soloist, Panama City Pipes and Drums, and Mosley High School Marine Corps JROTC.
The agenda for the parade and following ceremony is as follows:
- Parade begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 10:30 a.m. in front of City Hall.
- Opening by Bill Gobat.
- Welcome by Chairman, Bay County Board of Commissioners.
- Invocation by Clyde Ellison, Associate Pastor of First Baptist Church.
- National Anthem and God Bless America by Jesselyn Dudinsky, student at Troy University.
- Guest Speaker, Colonel Michael A. Valle.
- Laying of the Wreath.
- Taps performed by Stewart Corbin.
- Flyover by 325th Fighter Wing, TAFB.
- Performance by the Panama City Pipes & Drums.
- Closing Remarks by Bill Gobat, Lt. Colonel, USMC, (Ret).
- Benediction by Clyde Ellison.
- Closing remarks and dismissal by Bill Gobat.
1 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401